Akshaya Tritiya, one of the utmost propitious and godly days in Hinduism, is also referred to as Akha Teej. Falling on the third day of the Hindu month of Vaishakha, it is believed that on this day the Sun & Moon are both at the peak of their brightness and is therefore a bright and lucky day for Hindus. Being amidst the prominent sacred days in the Hindu tradition and culture, it’s an ideal occasion for new beginnings, new purchases, new ventures, new Home or Office, etc. as it’s believed that Akshaya means “Eternal” in Sanskrit.
1. Both, the sixth incarnation of Lord Vishnu, Bhagwan Parshuram and the incarnation of Goddess Parvati, Devi Annapoorna were born on Akshaya Tritiya. Many a times Parshuram Jayanti & Akshay Tritya falls on the same day.
2. Considered to be free from all evil & disastrous vibes & forces, Akshaya Tritiya is a day that requires no Good Timings i.e. Shubh Muhurat for beginning, doing or attempting anything new or auspicious.
3. The Hindu epic, Mahabharata, was started to be written by Ved Vyasa & Lord Ganesha on Akshaya Tritiya.
4. From the Heavens the river Ganges or Maa Ganga descended to Earth on Akshaya Tritiya and the Treta Yuga begun on Akshaya Tritiya.
5. As Akshaya Tritiya indicates never-ending prosperity and auspiciousness; people purchase Gold jewelry, start a new venture or business, buy a new home or office, etc. on this day.
|Akshaya Tritiya 2016||9th May 2016|
|Akshaya Tritiya 2017||28th April 2017|
|Akshaya Tritiya 2018||18th April 2018|
|Akshaya Tritiya 2019||7th May 2019|
|Akshaya Tritiya 2020||26th April 2020|
1.Regarded as an extremely divine day, people usually purchase their new Homes or Houses on the day of Akshaya Tritiya. Performing a Griha Pravesh Puja, Vastu Shanti Puja & Havan is advised for a new Home as it brings eternity, prosperity, spirituality and holiness in the Home.
2. Being an auspicious & prosperous day, it’s one of the most apt days to purchase an Office or start a Business. Performing a Ganesh Puja for a good beginning and Laxmi Puja for a successful & fortunate start is advised.
3. Appeasing Lord Vishnu on this day of holy value is considered to shower blessings of well-being, opulence and success. Perform a Satyanarayan Puja and/or Vishnu Sahasranamam to bestow Lord Vishnu’s consecration upon you and your family.